Questions to ask in an Interview.
Questions you ask in an interview, can set you apart from the competition.
The questions you ask can show the interviewee that you are able to create a competitive advantage and that you are the best person for the job.
Include questions that create discussions and possible commonality or rapport.
Know everything there is to know about the company you’re interviewing at, and as much as you can about the person / people you’re interviewing with because it matters. Either look them up on social media (Twitter and LinkedIn) or research them thoroughly. If you have any common interests it will most probably create a rapport with the interviewee which is important. People gravitate and like people that they can relate to, and have things in common with.
The types of Questions YOU should be asking:
- Can you tell me about the company culture?
- What do you look for in people who will be successful in this role?
- What are the most important leadership traits your company looks for?
- What does success look like in this position? How do you measure it?
- What do you see will be the biggest challenges in this role within the first 3 months? The first 6 months?
- Why are you successful at the company?
- What impact will COVDI-19 have, in getting this job done? (if applicable)
- Based on our discussion so far, do you have any concerns about me?
- What is the next step in the hiring process?
- When can I expect feedback on this interview?
Ensure that you only choose 3-4 questions that you feel would best assist you in finding out more.
DO NOT ask all of them.